With the Trans Tasman bubble opening up soon it's a good idea to get travel insurance and even better if it has some COVID-19 cover.
And we have exactly that with our travel insurance offer from Cover-More, our travel insurance partner.
Even though it won't cover you in the event that either the Australian or New Zealand government calls for border closures, it will cover you, if you or a member of your family is diagnosed with COVID-19 on your travels or you're placed into quarantine due to contact with someone who has COVID-19 and you cannot travel.
Buy a new Single Trip travel insurance policy on the 'YourCover' Plan and we can give you that extra peace of mind and greater confidence to book that trip to Australia you’ve been longing to take.
Book with confidence - What's covered:
1. Cover for your COVID-19-related medical costs#
- if you’re diagnosed with COVID-19 by a qualified medical practitioner during your journey and includes cover for costs resulting from medical treatment and ambulance transportation you require when suffering from COVID-19.
- Your illness, if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and cannot travel
- The illness of your non-travelling relative or business partner, if you need to amend or cancel your journey because your relative or business partner is diagnosed with COVID-19 and the treating doctor confirms the level of infection is life-threatening
- Your travelling companion’s illness, if your travelling companion is diagnosed with COVID-19
- If the person you were due to stay with is diagnosed with COVID-19, and you can no longer stay with them, cover will be provided for alternative accommodation (benefit limits apply)
- If you are deemed an essential health care worker under New Zealand’s COVID-19 rules
(i.e. a pharmacist, nurse, doctor, paramedic or other health care professional) and your leave is revoked by your employer due to COVID-19 related reasons
- If your prepaid accommodation is shutdown for deep cleaning due to a COVID-19 outbreak on the premises
- If your prepaid holiday activity is closed due to COVID-19, you can claim a refund on the unused, prepaid, non-refundable tickets (e.g. theme park or ski venue)
3. Cover for Covid-19 additional expenses*#
- Cover for additional accommodation and transport expenses if you are quarantined in Australia because you are diagnosed with Covid-19 or have been directed by a local public health authority into a period of quarantine because they have classified you as having contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 (including if that person is your travelling companion)
- Cover for additional transport if you are required to return home because your non-travelling relative or business partner is diagnosed with COVID-19 and the treating doctor confirms in writing the level of infection is life threatening
- Cover for alternative accommodation if the person you were due to stay with has COVID-19 (benefit limits apply)
- Cover for alternative accommodation if your prepaid accommodation is shutdown for deep cleaning due to a COVID-19 outbreak on the premises
What's not covered:
Claims relating to government-issued travel bans; government directed border closures; or mandatory quarantine requirements related to cross area, border, region or territory travel.
Change in government Alert Levels means you can't leave home or travel overseas.
All claims arising from your participation in any cruise related travel is not covered.
You decide not to travel due to COVID-19.
For more details, please read the YourCover Plan Policy Wording document. Or make sure you talk to a Cover-More agent on 0800 500 225 before you buy.
And remember, as a HealthCarePlus Member, we have you covered:
So what are you waiting for, book that Aussie trip with confidence!
This is general advice only.
*Limits, sub-limits, conditions, and exclusions apply. For full details on exactly what’s covered by our COVID-19 travel insurance benefits, please read the following documents about new COVID-19 travel benefits here and the YourCover Plan Policy Wording document.
~Medical cover will not exceed 12 months from onset.
#Additional and medical expense cover is not available on our Options Domestic Cancellation Plan.
Please contact Cover-More on 0800 500 225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any COVID-19 travel insurance queries.